Thursday, July 1, 2010

So…. For anyone who is following (currently no one) for money I work as a Deputy Sheriff in a jail, tough work, but it has its moments that completely make it worth, those moments where you feel as if you really made a difference in an inmate’s life. I also work as the “development officer” at Hillside Missions Organization, I am just now learning what this job entails, so I am currently developing me to do this job more effectively, I only wish that I had more time to dedicate to this job.

Time for the meat and potatoes mmmmmm. I am currently re-reading Mere Christianity by CS Lewis. I have to re-read most everything he has written because, well he writes on a much higher level than I comprehend and because I have a bit of the ADD. Anyhow I am reading the chapter about Faith and he defines faith as this “ it is the art of holding on to things our reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods” currently this is a huge discovery for me. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Christianity is the truth but recently I have been questioning different things, which is good because it is kind of remodeling my faith, but I had felt as if this was bad because I shouldn’t be questioning these things. If I didn’t question them then I wouldn’t be studying them to figure this stuff out. I think this is what “ work out your salvation with fear and trembling” is.

That is all for today. This is kind of heavy , maybe my next blog will be a funny story! Until next time……

1 comment: